Friday, July 18, 2008

Olinda Falls - The Search For The Hidden Falls

IMGP7920_3008x2000
In search of the hidden Olinda Falls (Is it really hidden???).
I can see the moon from here.

IMGP7931_3008x2000
A lovely couple at Silvan Reservoir Park advised me to go and pay a visit at Olinda Falls. "If you love nature you will definitely will love that place", said them. Hrmmm, an advice from local peoples who have lived there for the most of their life. Not to be taken lightly. But, the place is really, really secluded. Just look at the road that lead to it. Scary... And to make matter even worse, I think I'm the only person there during that particular time (It's weekday).

IMGP7976_3008x2000
Finally. I got lost a few time just to find this place. Can't blame them, they did warned me about finding this place. Alas, I'm here in one piece (Don't get over excited, it's still far ahead).

IMGP7936_3008x2000
Nevertheless, it is not a walk in the park either.

IMGP7974_3008x2000
Where is that falls??? Can you believe that I need to search for it.

IMGP7946_3008x2000
Jungle trekking...huhu...

IMGP7938_3008x2000
This place gives me the creeps. Definitely I'm out of here before dark.

IMGP7943_3008x2000
Which one??? Left or right???

IMGP7962_3008x2000
This is it??? I mean, this is THE Olinda Falls???

IMGP7956_3008x2000
Yaaa, nice place indeed. Actually I would like to venture deeper into the jungle/forest but during that time it is really unwise to do so (Not wearing proper attire & it is late already).

IMGP7978_3008x2000
Time to make a move... I don't want to spend the night here.

IMGP7983_3008x2000
Just me & my bike...not forgetting, my camera. This is my journey here in Australia. A full-time student, part-time kitchen-hand and trying to live life to the fullest.

P/s Auto publish post... Where am I now??? The city, buying some stuffs for tomorrow trip.

11 comments:

Inah said...

this place is really creepy..terbayang lord of the ring pulek :)

esok nak g mana pulek ni??

masih winter season lagi ke wan?

Anonymous said...

have a nice+fun week-END trip...

riken said...

inah:
esok??? tungguuuuuu...yup, still winter lagi....

anon:
thanks....you too...have a nice weekend...

wani ezryl * said...

wahh awan2 tu macam kat dalam the simpsons!! xD

the forest looks like the one in wrong turn.. hehe

riken said...

Simpsons??? hahaha....lama dah tak tengok...
actually it's quite dangerous to venture alone...haha, I don't want to get lost in it...

Honeylemon said...

x takut kena kidnap ker??? huhuhuuu...

riken said...

kidnap???? takder value la...huhu, bagi free pun takder saper nak...camner tu???

Honeylemon said...

eehh.. napa ckp xde value pulak????

hargai diri...
sayangi diri....
ingatilah orang tersayang....
anda mampu mengubahnya.....

**pesanan khidmat masyarakat ini dibawakan khas oleh Honeylemon... :)

riken said...

hahaha...thanks honeylemon...u make me smile today with your words...

wani ezryl * said...

tu la, ntah2 ada witch tinggal kat dlm *sungguh imaginatif.. lolx*

riken said...

haha..ya ampunnnnnn wani...nasib baik la mulut kamu tu tak masin yer...