Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'm Tempted, Very Tempted

While strolling around in Prahran yesterday, I stumbled into a gadget that really made me paused for a second, an iPhone 3G with 16Gig of memory with a price that simply hard to resist (at a secondhand shop but the phone is still in pristine condition).
To buy or not to buy? That's the question that I keep asking myself back then. Fortunately, reality bites back and after a deep thought, I decided to give it a miss. There goes my saving if I bought it and furthermore I don't think it is a necessity. I'm still satisfy with my current mobile and I really don't think it is wise for me to buy the iPhone now. Maybe later on when I secured a more suitable job then I will opt for one but definitely not now.

Some interesting story regarding iPhone taken from the net...

iPhone arrives with factory worker's photos

August 27, 2008, 5:47 pm
iPhone arrives with factory worker's photos ©

A British buyer of Apple's iPhone was surprised to discover his new phone's camera already contained photos - apparently taken in the Chinese factory where it was made.

The pictures showed a woman of Asian appearance, dressed in factory clean room garments, smiling and gesturing in front of other partially-assembled iPhones.

iPhones are manufactured in China by Foxconn.

The iPhone user provided the pictures to the Apple fan website macrumors.com under the screen name "markm49uk".

"Once it had been activated on iTunes I found that the home screen already had a photo set against it," markm49uk wrote.

"It would appear that someone on the production line was having a bit of fun."

A tribute website dedicated to the woman in the photos has appeared at iphonegirl.net.


P/s I nearly lost my mobile back then while I was snowboarding (more like tumbling down the hill) at Mount Buller, made me appreciate it more after that incident.

4 comments:

Inah said...

inah pun usya2 jugek kat cash converter..ade yg best gile price dia..

optus dah ade keluaran i-phone with their postpaid plan deal..i think ok kot for 2 years plan :)

riken said...

yup, aper tunggu lagi inah? sambar ajerla. as for me, dah amik dah contract dgn '3' untuk 2 tahun so tak bleh la kalau nak amik contract baru. I prefer kalau beli outright ajer untuk my malaysian number.

wani ezryl * said...

haa baru baca berita pasal 'i-phone girl' ni hari ni.. tapi dalam paper xde gambar. i was wondering how she looks like.. whaa kawaii ne!! xD patutlah dia boleh famous haha. sy pon nk keje kilang iphone la ekeke

riken said...

kawai desu ka kirei desu ka...haha, i think she's kawai too...
tu la, macam best ajer kan...swho knows, we might get an iPhone for free kalau keje kat situ...jom2 keje situ, bleh jumper ngan ramai pekerja2 yg kawai...hahaha (gelak jahat)...